Updated 17 March 2015
- Yearly dues will increase to $50.00 a year starting March 31st due to insurance increases.
- "Stock" Tiger concours judging symposium to be scheduled in the near future -
- Amelia Island Auctions results:
- 1966 MIA Tiger – BRG sold at RM Auctions for $137,000 – Stock appearing with hubcaps
- 1964 Sunbeam Tiger – Balmoral Grey sold at Gooding & Co for $154,000 – stock appearing with minilites
Remembering Ian Garrad
By Tom Hall
Here’s a car that was specifically created by The Rootes Group to capture a place in the ultra-high performance sports car market of the 60’s. The Sunbeam Tiger was offered with numerous Dealer supplied performance enhancement options that allowed the buyer to increase the performance to any level desired. The Rootes Factory created internal Performance Programs to compete in races and rally’s in Europe and supported several race teams in the USA, dedicated to demonstrate the capability of the Sunbeam Tiger. Ian Garrad was not only responsible for the creation of the Tiger Prototypes; he was in charge of all the LAT Options and race support programs in the USA.
Remembering Monterey Car Week
Additional photos of the Carmel event can be found on Norm Miller's Classic Tiger webpage and, for those lucky enough to be in the group photo at Laguna Seca, photos of you crossing the finish line - courtesy of Dan M. - are available here (note password is TigerFinishLine).
Monterey Car Week 2014