Updated 19 January 2015
- UPDATE: STOA Vice President Sean Prevost became suddenly and seriously ill just before Christmas and remains in ICU at Kaiser Hospital, Redwood City. Sean is out of ICU and is doing better. Your well wishes and prayers will be appreciated.
- John Patrick Burke, long time MK II stripe kit advertiser and Tiger owner passed away in December.
- STOA Newsletter will be mailing out the week of January 19th
- Patrick King will have one of his famous drives on April 19th – look for more details in the near future.
- On May 16th, Sunbeam Specialties will have their annual open house. The one day that you can buy Tiger Parts on a weekend!
- Yearly dues will increase to $50.00 a year starting March 31st due to insurance increases.
- Dates for Tigers United XXXVI (36) – June 18-21 – South Shore Tahoe
Remembering Ian Garrad
By Tom Hall
Here’s a car that was specifically created by The Rootes Group to capture a place in the ultra-high performance sports car market of the 60’s. The Sunbeam Tiger was offered with numerous Dealer supplied performance enhancement options that allowed the buyer to increase the performance to any level desired. The Rootes Factory created internal Performance Programs to compete in races and rally’s in Europe and supported several race teams in the USA, dedicated to demonstrate the capability of the Sunbeam Tiger. Ian Garrad was not only responsible for the creation of the Tiger Prototypes; he was in charge of all the LAT Options and race support programs in the USA.
Remembering Monterey Car Week
Additional photos of the Carmel event can be found on Norm Miller's Classic Tiger webpage and, for those lucky enough to be in the group photo at Laguna Seca, photos of you crossing the finish line - courtesy of Dan M. - are available here (note password is TigerFinishLine).
Monterey Car Week 2014